Friday, October 26, 2012

The Secret of Kells





The Secret of Kells is one of my absolute favorite movies. This masterpiece is a simple 2d animation with an outstanding story and has a very educational background. I would recommend this movie to anyone who has an irish background or anyone who likes a good story.


The movie focuses around a small boy named Brendan who lives in a small town threatened by invading barbarians in the search of gold and riches. I personally could not stop smiling for the first half of the movie that is full of beautiful animation and excellent imagery. The second half of the story is an uphill battle for Brendan in which he must defeat an ancient evil in order to achieve something truly great. I don't want to give away much more because I would not want to spoil this great film or any of its amazing characters.

The Dark Days of the Northmen was truly a terrible time for the Irish but out of the terror and misery came beauty and tranquility. This simple 2d animation was better than any 3d animation I have ever seen and I highly recommend it to anyone who will give it a chance. The Soundtrack was also very soothing.

Rating
Story        ★★★★☆
Character ★★★★☆


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment